Wednesday 1 February 2017

Time capsule

Since an activity about time capsules was proposed in my English class, I have kept thinking about what I would put into one of them. Immediately, the name of my favorite author came to mind: Yasunari Kawabata. However, it was a very arduous task to choose just one book, but I finally decided one: Beauty and Sadness. I wish the future would hold the certainty that reading was a food that not only nourished my mind but also my soul.

The second object in which I thought was music -I have to sigh- so this decision is still harder than the previous. But I think I would choose some Jazz CD. I must confess that I still have not decided on just one CD. However, there is no doubt about the style: yes, it definitely has to be Jazz! Because through this style, I am able to fuse different sensations.

My third object would be a crochet needle. If I believe in reincarnation or if I had some previous life, I would certainly be reincarnated as a spider. I love knitting. It's a hobby that I enjoy because I think weaving is the art of creating, of combining, of dreaming and telling stories. And this is how I understand life: like a large and colorful loom, like that piece in which we draw our dreams and illusions, our failures and disappointments.

The colors of the wool and the different textures that we apply in our loom are friendships, they are all the people who we are getting acquainted with, who transform us throughout our life; these wool & colors are all the people with whom we grow, and each one of them will provide an unrepeatable color and tone that will make our loom unique and unmistakable. In this way, our loom will be interwoven by our experiences, learnings, disappointments, challenges and so on.



No comments:

Post a Comment