Tuesday 20 February 2018

A fit of laughter

I grew up in a Jesuit school and for this reason it was usual to prepare and/or participate in the church
services. I remember that once a friend and I had to write the petitions. We agreed that if I wrote them, she would read them. As it seemed a good idea to me, we did it.

The day of the mass, I passed her the paper on which I had written the petitions. When it was her turn she got stuck in one of the words. At first, I thought she had not understood my handwriting; but no, the truth is that in her second, third and other attempts, she still got stuck while reading... The sympathetic priest told her to pass on to the next one. When my friend finished reading, the priest added:  

Lord. listen to our requests and also please we ask you to enlighten us with reading.

I could not help having a fit of laughter and even more so when I saw that my friend also took it with humor. The truth is that this Mass was so prolonged because of the attacks of massive laughter.

No comments:

Post a Comment