Tuesday 17 November 2015

Metaphors

Yesteday evening,  I had another interesting  English  class. My teacher told us about  metaphors, but what do we understand  by metaphor? According to the dictionary it means: ' A word or phrase used in an imaginative way to describe somebody/something else, in order to show that the two things have the same qualities and to make the description more powerful' .... I agree with this definition but I would like to add 'a metaphor is the poet's language'. In fact, I really love this scene when Pablo Neruda tries to explain to Mario what a metaphore is....



Mario Benedetti  and Jorge Luis Borges are  my all-time favourite poets. I love  poetry thanks to both, so in my opinion they drescribe in a perfect and magic way  what we feel, think, believe, dream, and so on and so forth .... I wish I could write as a poet.  

No comments:

Post a Comment